Microsoft Open AI ChatGPT vs Google Bard – A competitive AI battle
Over the last several months, Microsoft Open AI has dominated the AI sphere with its newly launched tool, ChatGPT. Under intense pressure to compete with this viral sensation, Sundar Pichai, Google CEO, announced the launch of a similar AI tool, Bard.
Table of Contents
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become an essential tool in modern society. A large number of organizations are shifting toward the usage of AI for their day-to-day operations. AI can easily automate routine tasks, refine decision-making, and enhance customer experiences.
Over the last several months, Microsoft OpenAI has dominated the AI sphere with its newly launched tool, ChatGPT. Under intense pressure to compete with this viral sensation, Sundar Pichai, Google CEO, announced the launch of a similar AI tool, Bard.
Before moving toward a detailed overview of the two AI tools, one should know that amidst this ongoing battle of ChatGPT vs Google Bard, efforts are being made ingrain the seeds of AI Ethics and AI Law principles with the vision to consider doing AI for good and averting AI for bad. Regarding the debate regarding the ethical usage of ChatGPT, Google AI ethics are expected at large.
When it’s about Google ethics, the team always stays committed to the same. While developing Bard, they ensured that they complied with all the AI ethics. Google ethical AI is a step to make high-quality and accurate information readily available while respecting the cultural, social, and legal norms of the country they operate in.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a language generation model developed by OpenAI. It is trained on a diverse range of internet text, allowing it to generate human-like text, answer questions, and make translations and summarizations. It uses the GPT (Generative Pretrained Transformer) architecture based on the transformer network. The quality of outputted essays is worth appreciating, and its probabilistic pattern-matching technique maintains the uniqueness and originality of the text. This Microsoft AI tool generates responses from the information it is already trained with. Therefore, it is not prone to consistently providing an accurate report. ChatGPT is widely available and easily integrated into multiple applications and platforms.
What is Google Bard?
Bard is a conversational AI developed by Google and powered by Google’s Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA). It will also generate human-like text. But, unlike Microsoft OpenAI, Google Bard draws information from the web. It combines human knowledge with its multiple language models’ strength, wit, and inventiveness to deliver original and accurate answers. Initially, this Google AI app will likely be launched with a limited number of testers, with plans to make it more widely available in the upcoming weeks. Regarding reliability, Google wishes never to leave a chance to be questioned back. Therefore, the feature of drawing information from the web is a great way to deliver accurate and trustworthy responses.
Difference between ChatGPT and Google Bard
Though both OpenAI Microsoft tool ChatGPT and AI Google Bard are language-based conversational tools but hold stark differences in their design and intended use.
- Source of information – ChatGPT’s knowledge is limited to events until 2021. On the other hand, Google Bard has deep access to all the old and new information available on the web.
- Capabilities – This Open AI Microsoft tool, ChatGPT, has proven to be comparatively nifty when completing tasks or answering questions in human-like text. Whereas Bard will initially assist in basic internet searches and provide information from the web.
- Availability – ChatGPT is extensively available and can be easily integrated into multiple platforms and applications. Bard will initially be available only with a limited number of testers. However, it will expand shortly.
- Accessibility – Bard has access to broader information and sources due to the expansive data available on Google. Open AI tool ChatGPT is limited to in-depth data availability even after its integration with Bing search.
- UX/UI design – ChatGPT’s simple no-UI approach gives an easy-to-use, unobtrusive user experience. It has also received positive feedback for the same. Google Bard’s current limited release will allow Google to gather user inputs and amend accordingly before making it available to a larger audience.
ChatGPT is the current AI trend, where users must sign up before using it. Imagine using it non-stop without any login formalities on the Bong search engine. Isn’t it interesting? In response to the announcement of Google’s AI, Bard, Microsoft is in the progress of integrating ChatGPT with Bing search results. So, users will not have to log in to use ChatGPT; it will be available by default on the Bing search engine.
Launching an AI with Google is just like fighting fire with fire. Bard is like the superbright bolt of lightning that will restrict Google users to shifting toward Bing search. SkyTrust believes that although people find Google search easy and habitual, integrating a generative AI with Bing makes the battle competitive.