How to Increase Followers on Snapchat?
Sharing your life’s precious moments on various social media platforms has been a decade-long practice. With the enhancement of digitalization, brands, especially in the US, have started utilizing social media power to get followers and build their digital presence.
As we talk about creating a digital presence in the US market, we cannot ignore the importance of Snapchat. Snapchat was launched in 2011 and continues to be one of the top 15 most-used social media platforms in the world. Building a brand on Snapchat is considered to be a smart move. However, the content style and type differ in comparison to other platforms.
Snapchat is the sixth-largest social media network that can be easily accessed via android or iOS mobile devices. In this article, we will delve deep into Snapchat content preparation techniques, marketing strategy, and growth-building techniques.
How is Snapchat booming the social media marketing industry in the US?
Snapchat has successfully transformed the social media business from just a common social media platform to share photos to a powerful money-making social media tool that allows businesses to expand their visibility online. Marketers predict revenue growth from approximately $2 billion in 2020 to $5 billion by 2025 for this social media giant. Below are some of the common reasons why Snapchat is helping brands.
- It lets you stay updated – Unlike other social media platforms, Snapchat users have to regularly open their app to stay up-to-date with their friends’ content. It creates a sense of urgency for users to post, monitor and respond. Here, users can view the 10-second ‘snaps’ only of their chosen friends, and content shared to the story vanishes after 24 hours. Hence, you have to open the app on a daily basis to stay updated on the trends and snaps.
- It offers multiple features – Instead of just sharing small 10-second story snaps, its multiple filters, like hyper-lapse, geofilter, etc., allow users to add up to their single 10-second highlights and share a full day’s story.
- Share live news with fewer ads – The Snapchat Discover tab allows users to interact with an audience of up to 40 million people in just a 24-hour window. You can access editorial articles, live footage of global news, festivals, foreign countries, award shows, movie screenings, global crises, events, etc. Unlike other social media apps, these have a limited number of ads in-between that can also be skipped after specific seconds.
- It offers a creative and interactive experience – The Snapchat app offers a gamifying and creative experience to users by allowing them to create funny and scary face filters. You can also purchase the Geofilter feature and put filters that complement your brand type. The snap-sending score, fun emojis for achievements, front camera snaps, etc, give gamification incentives to users. However, as a Snapchat marketing agency, you should never forget that everything requires a strategy. It is the key!
- It gives an insight into unseen places – There are many events or places across the globe that you have not seen or visited but dream of doing. Well, Snapchat is one of the best platforms to let you sneak peek at your dreamy destinations and know the international perspectives of any story.
Marketing content types for Snapchat
Snapchat is all about encouraging engagement and business making. Below is a list of some common marketing content types that can help increase followers and views on your snaps.
- Upcoming launches – If a new product or service launch is to be hyped about on Snapchat, you can create images or short videos of ‘It’s here…’ or ‘Get ready…,’ etc. It creates hype amongst people waiting for its launch and increases engagement and awareness of your brand.
- Rewarding content – One of the best ways to increase your Snapchat followers is to create content relating to giveaways, contests, quizzes, etc., where winners will be rewarded with something beneficial.
- Behind the scenes – There are times when the audience is much more interested in seeing the content relating to the process of any fruitful outcome. For example – Instead of looking at a picture of a delicious cake, people want to know how it was made. Snapchat provides this content authenticity by making the audience feel connected to it.
- Testimonials – Ask your followers or clients to create short videos of how and why they are happy to use your products and services and post them on your snap. Happy client videos are always a good way to get more customers on board.
- Interactivity content – Create engaging activities or tasks for your followers to take part in. Ask them to send snaps of them using your products or services, or you may interact with them through other kinds of fun and engaging tasks and reward the winners or early birds with prizes.
- Coupons – Create exclusive offer pages for your audience, and redirect them to those pages as they check out your snaps offering digital coupons or QR codes for certain activities.
Snapchat marketing strategies
There never exists a formula for ‘one size fits all’ in social media. Digital marketing is all about change and strategy. Every social media platform requires a different strategy to grow your business. But before preparing Snapchat marketing strategies, one should know their target customers, their online activities, and ways you can influence your customers. Once done with this, you can go ahead with your marketing strategies. Experts at SkyTrust have listed strategies that can help you get Snapchat followers.
- Establish your brand – The first and foremost way is to establish your brand’s vision and mission and prepare its logo, website interface, activities, etc, in complement to that. Snapchat is based on creativity and uniqueness in advertising, designing, and repurposing. Some common Snapchat tools, like Snap Publisher and Instant Create, help users create engaging and creative ads without additional design resources.
- Know your target audience – Marketing is all about connecting with your customers effectively. Knowing your audience helps you make good connections with your current and potential customers and aptly fulfill their needs and expectations. Snapchat’s Audience Insights tool is the best way to analyze the engagement and reach of your ads. It lets you know the accurate metrics of your ads.
- Online presence – Building your online presence on the Snapchat social media platform is one of the essential tasks to get quickly discovered by potential customers.
- Tracking user behavior – One of the best ways to track online traffic and behavior on Snapchat is through Snap Pixel. It helps you to retarget your website visitors, captures data on how people browse your website, etc.
- Performance measure – Reporting and measurement are easy on Snapchat. Here, marketers can optimize their ad performance and analyze the results. The Snapchat ads manager helps run A/B testing on ad campaigns to make data-driven decisions.
- Showcase unique selling points – When you are attracting people to opt for your services or purchase your products, you should showcase your unique selling point in the creatives or videos, along with relevant offers or discounts to drive consideration.
- Testimonials and word of mouth – Including testimonials in your snaps help your potential customers to have a better clarification of your products and services. They can relate it to themselves or their brand and see how it adds value for them.
- Retargeting – Retargeting is the best way to increase your Snapchat story views. Marketing is all about building awareness, educating potential customers, and converting them into loyal ones. Retargeting helps move potential customers from awareness to consideration and, lastly, into the purchase phase.
- Think of it as an investment – Increasing your snap story views, getting more followers, building brand awareness, etc., are integral parts of digital marketing, which ensures turn your business into a big brand. Instead of taking it as an expenditure, consider it an investment to help you reach a maximum number of followers and make a name.